Recipe for Country Style Biscuits and Gravy Using Green Gulch Red Angus Sausage
Here at Green Gulch Ranch, we like to share some of our favorite recipes that go great with our Red Angus beef. For those who are thinking about purchasing some of our premium, grain fed, grass finished beef offerings, here is a simple recipe the family will love at breakfast and goes good with our Red Angus sausage. We hope those that follow this simple recipe enjoys this hearty, rich, country style sausage gravy recipe.
What ingredients are Needed?
- Green Gulch Ranch Red Angus Sausage
- 1/4 cup of oil or butter
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- (For Southern Style, add 1 – 2 tablespoons of Chili Powder)
- about 5 minutes for prep
- about 15 – 20 minutes to cook
- In a large skillet with oil, break down and cook the sausage thoroughly in ground up chunks with the spices and seasonings on medium heat stirring frequently.
- After the sausage has been adequately cooked, stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk and cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens while stirring constantly.
- Once the gravy begins to thicken, lower heat to low and let simmer for about two minutes.
- After simmering, the gravy is now ready to be served with biscuits or over some hash browns/potatoes 🙂
We hope that you enjoy this simple country gravy recipe and encourage to use our farm raised Red Angus beef in this recipe for superior and quality taste. The Green Gulch Ranch Beef sampler packs are now available for purchase and includes some of the premium Red Angus sausage. Additionally, each sampler contains other Green Gulch Ranch raised Red Angus beef products including:
- Regular Salami
- Jalapeño Cheese Salami
- Ground Beef
- Mild Sausage
- Hot Sausage
- Italian Sausage
- Game Stick
This sampler pack is available only for pickup, no deliveries are offered. However, the short drive is less than an hour away from Reno city limits. So for those ready to skip the beef offerings at the big box grocery stores and taste some good old fashioned, local, farm-raised Red Angus beef products, look no further than Green Gulch Ranch!